R12 A/C Systems
A full system service for older vehicles, usually pre. 1994 or imported manufactured to use R12, includes system testing and report, RS24 Refrigerant (Enviromental R12 Equivalent), and Mineral Oil to manufacturers specification.
Service Price: £165.00 (up to 800Gms)
R12 System Servicing has to be carried out at our ‘Workshop & Service Centre’ in Kettering. This service is labour intensive, and takes approx. 1.5 Hrs, please call or e-mail us to make an appointment.
What Work Will Be Carried Out?
An Air Conditioning service takes approximately 1.5 hours and consists of the following:
- Check pressures and vent temperature prior to servicing
- Check all controls including air distribution
- Analyse refrigerant, Evacuate system, measure system, measure amount recovered. (All waste refrigerant will be recovered, and disposed of as required by the EPA Act 1990)
- Pressure test system using OFN (Oxygen Free Nitrogen), and test for leaks (If a leak in the system is found, under current UK Law we cannot re-charge with refrigerant, and this will be discussed.)
- Add correct type of oil, as recommended by the manufacturer
- Visual check of condenser
- Visual check of all hosing (routing and condition)
- Visual check of compressor and mount brackets for security of fitting
- Visual check of compressor drive belt tension/condition
- Recharge system with correct refrigerant as recommended by manufacturer
- Check vent temperature and refrigerant pressures
- Check condenser fan operation
- Check all electrics and controls
- Check drain tube, (where possible)
- Optional microbiological treatment to eliminate bad smells caused by bacteria
- Update Service Records
Regular, low-cost air conditioning servicing saves money, and Bee Cool is a specialist in automotive air conditioning, we can advise you on all aspects of this important system in your car. Our vehicles are fully equipped with the very latest state of the art air conditioning servicing equipment and our technicians have undergone extensive specialised training.
You can rest assured that we offer an efficient, economical and environmentally safe service of your air conditioning system.